11.30.2009

Christmas Music Spotlight - Relient K

With the end of Thanksgiving comes the most wonderful time of the year - CHRISTMAS! This is easily my favorite season, and I am pumped about everything the Christmas season brings...cold weather, Christmas lights, and Christmas music. Over the next couple of weeks, I will highlight a Christmas album by one of my favorite artists and have already posted some Christmas music for your enjoyment.

Relient K's Let It Snow Baby...Let It Reindeer is an awesome compilation of Christmas favorites with some solid originals. It picks up the pace with some power punk, and then slows it right back down with a few piano ballads. One of my favorite songs on the album is "I Celebrate the Day" and the lyrics are so powerful:


And I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life


The perspective of knowing Jesus was simply born to die & save us from our sins is life-changing, and something we need to all keep in mind year round. With such a great variety, this album is a Christmas must. And with as solid a band as Relient K, you got to pick it up. Head over to iTunes to pick up this 20-song album for only $9.99.

JV


No comments:

Post a Comment