8.12.2013

I Have Decided

I have decided to follow Jesus. A decision I made when I was 8 years old, and a decision I still choose today, almost 20 years later. I decided to submit my life to the lordship of Jesus because I realized my identity was in my sin; but I was created to be a child of God. Realizing my sin & just how lost I was, and then hearing the Good News of Jesus, I surrendered my life to the LORD. He drew me to Himself with His great love for me, and I accepted the free gift of salvation that was offered through Jesus taking my sins upon Himself. He forgave me. He died for me. He loved me. And I realized I was worth Jesus to God the Father. So I allowed the power of Jesus to transform me, and restore my identity as a child of the King.

Practically, following Jesus is saying no to self & saying yes to Jesus. Every day. Every decision. Every moment. All the time. So I daily surrender my life to His will & plan for my life in obedience to His living Word. As much as I celebrate Jesus as my Savior, I also must recognize Him as my LORD. As my Master. So in following Jesus as a 27-year old adult, husband, father, and pastor - I simply put my will aside and submit to Jesus. His will. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing else.

1 comment:

  1. This is shianne and I found this VERY inspiring Mr. John! Im looking forward to having a fresh new start at a brand new church while I'm turning my life over to Jesus and making new friends that have already done that and can help me.

    ReplyDelete